Saturday 15 December 2012

Happy Holidays, Happy Holidays.....

Holiday Bling Blog Hop 2 has finally arrived!

I was oh so fortunate to be partnered with the lovely, talented and generous Sonja Stille. I knew immediately that we were alike and that I would have no problems designing something for the lovely Sonja to wear. Sonja is leaving on a cruise in December and I thought this would be a great addition to her evening wear. Sonja told me she wore a lot of black so I kept that in mind. Sonja and her husband are remarkable people because they are very involved in kids with cancer and host Hunt for a Cure. Keep up the great work Sonja and I truly hope you enjoy wearing your gift on the cruise.

I made Sonja a bracelet and matching earrings in shade of charcoal grey and silver. The bracelet is made using a right angle weave stitch and embellishing over it with seed beads and smaller pearls. The earrings were made using the Enchanted Rivoli Earrings pattern by Csilla Csirmaz. I had just participated in the 7th Beading Babes Project and this was one of the challenges we were given. I loved the pattern so much I had to make a pair for Sonja. I used a 8 mm pearls instead of a rivoli in the center and did minor adaptations and viola a beautiful pair of elegant earrings to go with the bracelet.



Again did I mention how lucky I was to be partnered with Sonja. She knew just what to make me and I absolutely love the set. She was worried I wouldn't like it.....silly girl, how could I not. Sonja made me a complete set and I have received so many compliments...yes I couldn't wait for Christmas I opened my gift and I wore it. The set is made of copper links and enameled focal beads. I will let Sonja elaborate on what she used when you visit her blog. This is what Sonja made for me.



Thank you, thank you Sonja, I love it and thank you Shelley and Marlene for being such generous hosts.

And now please join me in the hop and see what everyone else made:


Shirley Moore
Lori Bowring Michaud
Catherine King
Dyanne Cantrell 
Sonya Stille
Elaine Ray
Gina Hockett
Jo-Ann Woolverton
Debbie Rasmussen
Renetha Stanziano
Ginger Bishop
Miranda Ackerley
Sandra McGriff
Tammie Everly
Alicia Marinache
Melinda Abrahamson
Rita/ Toltec Jewels
Chandra Merod
Mary Govaars
Kelley Fogel
Tiffany Goff Smith
Heather Rats Otto
Anitra Gordy Boyers
Marlene Cupo
Shelley Graham Turner

12 comments:

  1. Love your Enchanted Rivoli Earrings with pearls. Fabulous! I'll go make another pair. This was my first Bling Blog Hop, what a blast. Cant wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bracelet, and I'm so glad to see your adaptation of the earrings! I think that looks prettier than the original, especially with the tinier pearls in the pattern to accent it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty your earrings and bracelet are!! Very fitting for the season! And the necklace and earrings Sonja made are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I love the earrings and the bracelet, they are so gorgeous. The copper set that you received is one of my favorite pieces in the hop, I can imagine how much pleasure you get from wearing them. Gina H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Great job on the bracelet and earrings, I bet they look great on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed at the work beadweaver do. So beyond me. The copper set is a real beauty. Glad you joined our hop, and had fun with it. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous beadwork -- the perfect jewelry ensemble for a cruise! Sonya must be delighted! And how beautiful and warm is her jewelry for you? I'm reminded of "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" and the warmth of sharing Holidays with friends and family. Lovely Holiday exchange!

    Feliz Navidad Debbie!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie! I've missed you recently. I'm so behind on my beading world updates. I adore the silver and grey set. I'm sure Sonja does as well. Happy Holidays Dear, and all the best in 2013. Now off to visit Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow the set you wove is so elegant and I KNOW she will enjoy wearing it on her cruise. So much work but sooo worth it. Gorgeous!

    I love Sonya's copper set too. But I AM partial to copper!Enjoy it.
    Thanks for participating - HAPPY HOLIDAYS, ~ Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that set you created it amazing! Love what you received too. Looks like everyone was a 'winner'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, thanks for your wonderful gift. I did wear them on my cruise and they were perfect! I am so glad you liked your gift.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete